INVERTOBEE SUGAR INVERTING ENZYME
Unit price per
INVERTOBEE 5G OR 10G
FEED YOUR BEES SAFELY FOR LESS
- Can increases the life of the bee.
- Reduces feeding costs.
- Using inverted sugar syrup can promotes good health and vigour of the honeybee colony.
Invertobee is the quick and safe way for converting sucrose into glucose and fructose at very high conversion rates, without the risk of producing HMF which is toxic to bees.
Invertase is an enzyme that is secreted by the bees, to breakdown the nectar collected by the bees into fructose and glucose. These sugars are monosaccharides and can be assimilated easily by the bees, helping them assimilate the syrup rapidly, with less energy expended. Based on research by Goran Mirjanic, enzyme inverted syrup is the best feed after honey with regards to the average life span of bees.
To use Invertobee, all that is required is a thermometer and scale. Invertobee contains carefully selected ingredients that are safe to the bees and regulate the pH and final product.
When to supplement bee feed.
In early spring there may be a shortage of nectar available and bee stores can be low. This is a good time to provide inverted syrup. Inverted syrup helps the bees expend less energy when processing food so that they can spend time on more vital tasks such as building up a colony.
At the end of harvesting the honey it is important that bees have sufficient stocks to take them through the winter period, or when there are lean nectar times.
It is important to note that bees should not be fed any sugar products just before harvesting in order to reduce the chance of adulterated honey harvest.
Process for Making Syrup with Invertobee 5g
- Invertobee will convert a mixture of 8Kgs of granulated sugar plus 8Litres of tap water (Deionised water can be used if preferred) to make 16 kilograms of inverted sugar.
- Half of the Invertobee pack can be used if you prefer to make 8 litres of syrup.
- Heat the sugar granules and water together to dissolve granules.
- Allow to cool to hand temperature.
- Add Invertobee. (To suit quantity)
- Allow mix to stand overnight.
- It is worth noting that bees will stop drinking the syrup below a certain temperature, when the bees will just ignore it.
- Syrup can be kept a bit warmer by using an internal feeder above the cluster. In this configuration warm rising air from the colony keeps the syrup warmer.
- In cold winter spells syrup should be replaced by fondant.
FOR A 10G MIX SIMPLY DOIBLE THE QUANTITIES